Skip to main content

Political asylum for a Venezuelan citizen

Houston, TX |

I am not from US, in fact I have just got here in Houston yesterday from Venezuela. I need to see if I could qualify for political asylum for me and my family. Therefore, I need a good Attorney from the Houston, TX area if possible.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Search Avvo, or go here:

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You may qualify for asylum if you can establish a well-founded fear of persecution based upon your political opinion, religious beliefs, race, nationality, and/or membership in a particular social group. You can look for an attorney in your area on this site.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.


I am sure you can find an experienced immigration attorney in the Houston area who can advice you on the requirements for asylum.


Look for an experienced immigration attorney right here on AVVO. You can also search through AILA.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer