Skip to main content

Police threatening and tresspassing on private property (Mohave County)

Dolan Springs, AZ |

Can a police officer come onto your property without telling you why he is there and threaten to arrest you without telling you why he is there when you tell him it is private property and he has not given you a reason or has a warrent?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your question is rather vague, so my answer is as well. If the police have a reasonable belief that criminal activity is ocurring on the property, they can walk onto it. However, they generally need a warrant ot permission to enter a dwelling.