Police officer gave me ticket and took fingerprint for driving without a license, This wont mke me eligible for deferred action?

Hawthorne, CA |

hello, in my whole life i have received four tickets for driving without a license, and another ticket for a red light, which i was picture taken by a camera. I obviously paid all of them, however, I am scared the this will affect me to be part of the deferred action? oh i forgot, for one of those four tickets, the police officer took my finger prints,.. I want to be sure if this is going to affect me or not! For the rest of the deferred action requirements, I do qualify!.. However this thing about the tickets, its what it bothers me the most!! I want to be sure if i will be eligible! if you can answer my questions asap, it will be great thank you!...

Best Answer

In some jurisdictions "driving without a license" is considered a misdemeanor (even though you only received a "ticket" for it). If more than of these violations are misdemeanor (you should ask a lawyer to obtain your criminal record - assuming you have one - and determine what the legal outcome of each of these incidents) than you could have "multiple misdemeanors" which might make you ineligible.... although there may be something you can do in Court to "clean up" your record. You really should see a lawyer. Remember, if you do not qualify than you essentially turned yourself in to ICE. I am sure that some applicants with more serious criminal record than you have will end up in removal proceedings because they applied and were not eligible due to their "serious" criminal record.
Ron Tasoff
Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
Encino, California 91436
(818) 788-8900
ron@tasoff.com
www.tasoff.com
*State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

CORRECTED VERSION of ABOVE COMMENT. IT SHOULD READ: In some jurisdictions "driving without a license" is considered a misdemeanor (even though you only received a "ticket" for it). If more than ONE of these violations are misdemeanor (you should ask a lawyer to obtain your criminal record - assuming you have one - and determine what the legal outcome of each of these incidents) than you could have "multiple misdemeanors" which might make you ineligible FOR THE DEFERRED ACTION PROGRAM.... although there may be something you can do in Court to "clean up" your record. You really should see a lawyer. Remember, if you do not qualify than you ARE essentially TURNING yourself in to ICE. I am sure that some applicants with more serious criminal recordS than you have will end up in removal proceedings because they applied FOR DEFERRED ACTION and were not eligible due to their "serious" criminal record. Ron Tasoff Certified Immigration Law Specialist* Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff 16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000 Encino, California 91436 (818) 788-8900 ron@tasoff.com www.tasoff.com *State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization

I am sure that, if you have an attorney assist with your application, you will be OK.

___________________________________________________________
Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

read the guidelines on uscis it specifically says the minor traffic tickets such as driving without a license will not be considered as misdemeanors.

Yes, I

Yes, I read the guidelines. So this means, i will be OK? ... driving without a license will not be considered as misdemeanors!!.. ???

In two of my tickets, the police officer wrote the bad information about me, I gave him my id and he probably confused himself and,in one I appear with my mothers last name and in another with a different birth date!! .. but i still went to court and pay for the tickets.. and the police officer who took my finger prints, he was from costa mesa, that happens in costa mesa city

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

If you're so certain that the US CIS website is 100% accurate ... before the final rules are issued next week ... why are you so concerned? Organize your proof of being in the US and make an appointment with an attorney. ___________________________________________________________ Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE ___________________________________________________________

This is only one chance opportunity, I want to be more than 100% accurate...

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Sorry, there is never 100% accuracy when dealing with the US government. You do increase your chances by leaving this blog and making direct contact with an attorney.

Thank you! I already did!

;)

You don't normally get fingerprinted for traffic tickets. So, one would really need to review what happened in order to determine whether it disqualifies you or not.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

California law considers driving without a license to be a misdemeanor. However, for purposes of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, the standard is different and you will likely still qualify.

Contact my office to discuss your scenario further.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
www.latinodreamers.com
(888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

Thank you! ;)