Police charged my husband with simple battery against me can i have the charges dropped when it goes to court

Calhoun, GA |

I did not want him to be arrested. I called the police because they could arrive before his dad could get there to get him out of the house. Our two small children were there and i did not want them to be witness to his yelling. This has not occured before. He was under the influence of alcohol. I told them that he grabbed my arms and pushed me. I was not hurt at all, no marks, but that's all it took.

Make an appointment to meet with the prosecutor before the court date. No guarantee that they will drop the charge, but you can at least let them know where you stand.

I was told that you can not contact the District Attorneys office. I called the cops on my husband as well, I did not ask for charges to be added to my husbands background nor taken to jail. I just needed them to calm him down. Could I contact the District Attorneys office to get the one charge, now turned into two, either reduced or dismissed?