Skip to main content

POA for inmate in TX Fed. Prison, POA agent in FL.. Same POA or two separate POAs?

Pensacola, FL |

My husband is an federal inmate in Texas, our home is in Florida. He wants to make me his POA, I already have the forms for FL Durable POA, will we need separate POA for TX? Also, I have separate Med POA for TX, will the FL POA cover the medicial too, or do the TX Med POA need to be completed?

Before he was incarcerated, he was a FL resident. FBOP moved him to TX; but all this accounts, property, etc, is in Florida.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If your husband was a FL resident when the documents were drafted and signed, there shouldn't be a need for new documents. That being said, it may be a good idea to have TX documents drafted if that is where the documents will be used most often.
In any event, please use an attorney to draft the document to ensure proper language and execution.

Answer does not constitute legal advice. Please call (727) 471-0039 or contact me at, if you would like to discuss your Florida legal matter further. This answer is provided for informational and/or educational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Adam is a Florida Attorney practicing in areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Business Law. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


If your husbands documents were completed in FL and he was a FL resident he should be fine but I would consult an attorney to look into all the facts and circumstances.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer