Skip to main content

Pls hlp !

Augusta, GA |

Back in September of 2011 I got into an accident where i hit my uncles car. There was very small damage an he agreed that he did not want to press charges of any sort. But now I am receiving letters from a collection agency who was hired by her insurance company saying I owe them 7000 dollars for the damages I caused and if I do not pay they will suspend my drivers licence. So I was just wondering if this was possible if they could actually do this and if there is any way yall can help me I also went to court for driving on learner license an the judge agreed that my case was being dismissed and that i had until a certain amount of time to get a license

+ Read More

Filed under: Government law
Attorney answers 3


This is the third time you've posted. Yes, your drivers license can be suspended for life if you do not pay. But again, as you were asked the last two times you posted here, why have you not turned this over to your car insurance. They will pay the claim and defend you. It's plain foolishness not to do that.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.



So sorry my phone would not post the whole question then when it did it wouldnt stop posting my apology clearly but thanks


Triplicate post. Answers remain the same.


Duplicate post.