Skip to main content

Please suggest

Hayward, CA |

Since I am out of status and my asylum case is pending(not yet got an interview date), can I apply for medical insurance for my 4 years old US Citizen ? or can I put my child in any school regardless of my status ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


California law question. My guess would be you can, but you need to ask an attorney from California.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with Atty Segal.


I have changed your question to the appropriate topics to include public benefits.

Also note that if approved for asylum certain benefits must be requested within a limited period after approval. So be sure to ask for information regarding your possible assistance if approved.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.



Thank you all for the above responses !! Can any California Lawyer answer my queries ? I am really worried for my child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer