Skip to main content

Please may I ask if in Iran one can make a "Will" to disinherit a relative who is due to receive their estate on their death.

New York, NY |

Can you decide who gets your estate? I live in the UK and am making a will in the UK. I want to leave my estate to a friend (not living relatives). Will my requests in the Will document made in the UK be enforceable in Iran? If I want this to happen, how can I do it? Thank you in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I doubt too many lawyers on this site are familiar with the laws of Iran.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


On Avvo US lawyers answer questions about the federal, state and territorial law of the United States. You are asking about whether UK courts will enforce a will written in Iran. Unlikely anyone here will be able to provide helpful information regarding your question at all.

L. Maxwell Taylor

L. Maxwell Taylor


As I reread this, it appears you asking about enforcement in Iran of a will made in the UK. That's a question for an Iranian lawyer.


Only an attorney licensed or otherwise qualified to practice law in Iran can answer your question.


Consult with a lawyer in Iran and UK.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer