Skip to main content

Please i need your advise. My husband received a NOID letter

Houston, TX |

Please i need your advise. I got married in 2011 and my husband filed for FI-130. we went for interview and they were a few discrepancies, the USIS went to my previous home asking neighbors questions and also to my current home but i was at work. We received a NOID on grounds that they suspect false marriage. unfortunately my husband and i are having issues and i have since moved in with a friend and he is saying he is not going to reply to the letter. i have pleaded with him but he's not budging. One attorney advised me not to reply and we can reopen it in future if i ever decide to marry and file again, another one said to go ahead and divorce him. Please advise as i am confused now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to determine whether you and your husband will get back together again. Also sit down with an attorney you feel comfortable with and explain all of this to them. Refusing to reply will most definitely lead to a denial and possible fraud finding as the NOID indicates.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


If the NOID states their basis or reasoning of their intent to deny and it states language suggesting marriage fraud, it is highly recommended to have an attorney review your case to see if there is a strong argument to reply back. Once there is a marriage fraud finding, Federal law prohibits you from obtaining an immigration benefit in the future.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX. Visit our website at


My colleagues are correct. If you are no longer with your husband ... your papers will probably be denied.

Meet with an immigration attorney in private .. as-soon-as-possible.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


This is not a general question. You are asking for a consultation. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Hire an immigration attorney for that. I am not prepared not willing to give legal consultations on a public blog. This is not what AVVO stands for.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer