Skip to main content


Lakewood, WA |

My husband got his citizenship through millitary, we are trying to change my status since my visa expired and they need proof of his citizenship but he is saying that when he was sworn in they told him its illegal to make any copies.
if there any other way to proof it. he doesnt hav a us passport and us birth certificate.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It depends on the purpose of the copying. To submit it to USCIS with a petition on your behalf, you can copy it.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You cannot copy it unless it is to submit to the government for example with an immigration petition


Agree with colleagues.