Skip to main content

Please help

Miami, FL |

Is L&L Battery On A Child a serious crime? What is the max sentence & the min? No previous criminal history what so ever

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


This is a life ending charge. You are looking at state prison and a sexual offender designation which will impact every aspect of your remaining life.

Immediately call and hire an experienced criminal lawyer. My firm has significant experience with this charge.

Larry McMillan



Even though it was consentual sex? I will be calling your firm thank you


It depends upon exactly how it is charged, and can still be a capital offense, but that punishment is rarely sought. The outcome of the case also depends upon the facts and circumstances, the abilities of the attorneys, and the likes and dislikes of the judge, as well as a jury verdict if trial is had. When you are facing up to 30 years in prison, even though there is no prior criminal record, you need to hire private criminal defense counsel who does these types of cases.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.


I agree with my colleagues. You should immediately contact experienced counsel to help you navigate and resolve this case, whether it is our firm or someone else here on AVVO. This charge has and will continue to impact your life.
The penalty on the underlying charge(s) will be based on various factors including but not limited to the age of the child.
Get a lawyer. Our firm has handled many of these cases and they require a significant amount of time and attention to details.
Good Luck,
Hernan Hernandez, Esq.


Yes. Hire a great lawyer ASAP. First degree felony punishable by up to 30 years or capital punishment.


You need to see a lawyer immediately and discuss all of your options. This is not the kind of question for a legal form, but you need to sit down and discuss the facts directly with an attorney. You're facing up to life imprisonment.

The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law Center in Miami, Florida. There is no attorney client privilege created in this communication. Do not send questions which are confidential in nature by either this venue or via email. Personal questions should be asked in person or via telephonic conference only. You should only ask theoretical questions of a general nature.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer