Skip to main content

Plead guilty or not ? for OUI .015

Hayward, WI |

i can not afford any kind of legal help -- two FAILING businesses at present time to plead guilty i am taking a chance on filing bankrupcy !!!! option 2 pleading not guilty in sawyer co is the only to talk to a court appointed attorney (so i hear from court system ) so what is a person to do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Do not plead guilty without at least talking with an attorney or applying for the services of a public defender. It sounds like you may qualify. If you want to find an attorney in your state here on AVVO just select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.


Option 2: Talk to a court appointed attorney. Many are some of the best attorneys and much better than your option 1

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


You need to plead not guilty and try to retain a public defender to help you. If this is a first offense you cannot get a public defender because it is considered a civil regulatory offense. This simply means you cannot go to jail. You should also challenge your drivers license suspension. This must be done within 10 days. If you are persistent you can find an attorney who allow payments. But I advise you that handling an OWI without an attorney is a poor choice. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. It is only provided for educational purposes and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Further no attorney client relationship is or has been formed by answering this question.


If you can't afford a private attorney, then talk to the court appointed one. Don't just go into court and plead guilty without doing so. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen


I agree my colleagues, particularly attorney Solis.

Many excellent attorneys agree to take court assigned work. It is certainly worth your time to explore this option, or the option of funding a private attorney, before you walk in and plead guilty.

Good luck to you.