Skip to main content

Photographs for iv packet

Mountain View, CA |

do i need to send four photographs with my iv packet two for NVC and two for CDJ Consualte? i was reading on website that ciudad juarez consulate has additional instructions which are sending two passport style photographs but im not sure if those are the same ones NVC is asking for or are these two additional photos i need to send?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3


You sent 2 to the NVC. As a precautionary matter, I like clients to bring 2 more when they go in to the interview, just in case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


great legal tip.


For consular processing through Ciudad Juarez it depends on your case number. If it starts with MEP, you should send a copy of two passport-size photographs and then bring the actual photographs to your interview. If your case number begins with CDJ, you need to send the actual photographs (2) along with the rest of your civil documents. There is no need to send two (2) photographs to the NVC and another two (2) to the Consulate. The NVC forwards your entire file to the Consulate at the appropriate time.


The advice given to you by my colleagues is correct.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer