Skip to main content

Petition of removal of personal rep

Rochester, MI |

The box on the form Petition of Removal of Personal Rep is marked
"in the best interest of the estate", & is contested by Interested Parties.
The PR is a sibling appt by the Parent who passed. There has been history
of jealously between the siblings w/ one sibling living free/ clear in mom's home.
There is nothing in Will that states he is allowed to remain in the home, only his
sense of "entitlement" & "sense of established residency".
The PR has tried to go thru Eviction process, only the sibling has now filed
Petition to have PR removed. So now the Eviction has been postponed until
the Hearing of Removal takes place. The PR has done nothing wrong except
only in the sibling's "point of View". Is not getting along w/ siblings a good
enough reason for removal? Time is lost

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should consult with an attorney about the details of your issue. Seek an attorney who will give you a free consultation.

Typically PRs cannot be removed for the reason of jealousy.

Julie Aletta Paquette

Julie Aletta Paquette


She is already represented by counsel but comes here to "check" on her attorney's advice.


There is also a history of you asking these same questions here over and over, even though you are already represented by an attorney.


I agree that you should review this with your attorney. This is not the kind of thing you can handle in court on your own. Since you appear to be represented by counsel, that is the best you can do. The rest is up to the judge.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer