Skip to main content

Personal injury, i was injured in a rear end collision 2005 and the insurance co, is not wanting to pay the bills any more???

White Lake, MI |

i was rear ended while sitting at a light waiting to make my turn,long to short i suffer a lower lumbar fusion L5-S1 and 2 hurniations in my cevical spine w/continuous mindgrains that are subsided with botox twice a year and i have permanent nerve damage in my right leg from hip to toes. the insurance co, is refusing to pay out standing bills on the grounds of injuries where not sustained in the auto accident.I was wondering what would my next course of action these bills have been outstanding for almost 2yrs. i do have the lifetime medical in the settlement as well, but i'm at a loss as to how to get them to continue to pay.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


If you have continuous medical as part of the settlement, then you should speak with the attorney that negotiated that settlement and have him send a letter. You may have to sue the insurance company.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -


I agree with attorney Gold. Contact your old attorney and give him the letters denying the payments. If you did not have a=n attorney, make an appointment with a PI lawyer in your city. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


Call the attorney who repped you in the accident. These questions can be answered by him



You should retain a Michigan attorney who specializes in no-fault first party claims against insurers. Most good attorneys in the field will represent you on a contingent basis, and the insurer may be responsible for fees under certain circumstances. You refer to a "settlement," and the terms of any settlement must be reviewed by your attorney. Our firm does not handle these types of matters, but we do work with other attorneys who focus on these claims. You can contact us or any other Michigan attorney, and you should be able to find a referral to a no-fault attorney.

David H. Fink;
Fink + Associates Law


There is a one year back rule on bills, so you must seek Michigan legal advice at once!


Call your old attorney to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Contact the attorney who assisted you in drafting the settlement agreement. He or she will be in the best position to advise you and help you secure payment.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer