Skip to main content

Perhaps an unusual question....Can a spouse who is deliberately vandalizing (throwing water on hardwood floors) their spouse's

Portland, OR |

home be arrested? It sounds ridiculous but now that the battering has temporarily ceased, the individual is taking every opportunity to damage whatever they can. So far at least 3 incidents where water/apple cider/tea have been deliberately poured on hardwood floor, filling an iron with water directly under a faucet, multiple threats that they will destroy the flatscreen and just total disregard for everything in the house. They are here on a CR green card! Not that that should have any bearing.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It's difficult to understand clearly what is the question, but it sounds like you have an abusive spouse who is living with you in a home you own. I would suggest you talk to a family law attorney and proceed with dissolution or separation proceedings, and obtain an order removing him from the premises.

This comment is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice. It does not create an attorney client relationship and obviously is not confidential. You should contact an attorney in your area who can review with you all of the relevant facts and give you specific legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer