Skip to main content

Pending case and have to apply for a visa extension

Orlando, FL |

I am filing for an extension of my b2 visa. I married a u-visa holder and we applied together at the same time for his 485 and my 929. However it is time to extend my b2 visa and i dont know what reason i have to tell them. I am married but i read that if you are applying for an extension for immigration purposes your application will be denied. What do i do?

And what does this question mean on the 539 application:

Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse child or parent an extension or change of status?

My case is currently pending in Vermont.


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I recommend that you seek the advice of an experienced immigration attorney near you. You should acquire status through your husband.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


This is very fact specific and depending on the specific facts that are developed this may ultimately prove not be too much of a problem for you. But, I would hate to tell you that without having a complete consultation and reviewing essential facts and documents of both parties.

Alejandro Rivera, Attorney At Law, 407 301-5822 This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


You must personally review the facts with an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible.