Skip to main content

Penalties for Sexual Harrassment by an employee to another employee

Peachtree City, GA |

An employee has made embarrassing and disrespectful comments to another employee

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your question is not complete. This response offers a general perspective on work place harrassment claims.

The employee being subjected to embarrassing and disrespectful comments (victim) should start by telling the offending employee (harasser) that she finds the statements offensive and ask him/her to stop. The victim should also check the company's Employee Manual and review the company's sexual harassment policy. The victim should report the conduct through the company's reporting procedure (outlined in the sexual harassment policy). If the conduct does not stop and/or the company does not immediately address the victim's report by conducting a thorough and unbiased investigation, the employee should contact an attorney experienced in sexual harassment matters.

Please note that sexual harassment matters are unique and challenging legal cases. You should be sure to hire an attorney familiar with federal law, especially Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as most sexual harassment cases would fall under Title VII. I have handled such matters and would be happy to discuss this matter with you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer