Skip to main content

Pedophile investigation.

Brunswick, GA |

I am being accused of being a pedophile by my aunt. Due to some misunderstanding with my 4 yr old cousin my aunt has gone off the deep end and without even trying to get my side she has contacted the police and they have started an investigation. I know I didn't do anything wrong and I now know that it was a stupid thing to do but when asked to come in for questioning I went in on my own. :/
I can't afford a lawyer heck I can barely afford internet. I know I am innocent but still I am freaking out, what should I do? All I have ever gotten in my life is one speeding ticket and now this?!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You need a lawyer to help you with any issues that arise during this investigation. They may ask you to come in for additional interviews or to give a DNA sample, etc. They may get a search warrant. You need to be thinking about how you can defend yourself against these allegations. If the 4 year old has said something remotely sexual about you, and you have described it to the police as a "misunderstanding", you are most likely going to be arrested. You can't wait until you've been arrested, 'cause you aren't likely to make your bail for child molestation charges. Get an attorney now. If you don't have the money, find a way to borrow it from someone else, or get your priorities straight and find the money in your current budget.


First, don't say anything else in this forum, because like with the Miranda warnings, anything you say can and will be used against you if you act contrary to the purpose behind those warnings. Second, I strongly advise that you refuse to speak with the police any further, at least not without a lawyer present. While you may not be able to afford an attorney right now, I advise that you sit down with a criminal defense attorney at least for a consultation and get advice on how to proceed from here. If you get charged, then you may qualify for a public defender to represent you.


You absolutely need an attorney. I understand that it could be a financial burden to retain an attorney, however you should at the minimum consult with a local criminal attorney to review your legal options. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer