Skip to main content

Patient is accidentally given someone else drug at the hospital,and that drug overdose caused patient to be like a vegetable

Ontario, CA |

Patient already had Cancer but now patient was No Longer able to communicate , eat on their own,, go to restroom, etc... Because this drug caused her to basically become a vegetable !!!
Drug given to her caused her heart and blood pressure to Soar and Doctors were no longer able to bring back her vital signs to WNL. Hospital refuses to tell family which doctored ordered this drug and who gave the patient this drug that was meant for another patient in the same hospital. Does family have some type of legal recourse and most of all the Right to Know what Doctor ordered this Horrible Drug !!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Absolutely! You need to find a medical negligence attorney in your area to investigate this and bring the claim formally if necessary. Make the contact to the lawyer without any further delay!

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.


Do not delay contacting an attorney to look in to this matter further. Sorry for your terrible experience.


Should an inpatient get the wrong drug and suffer harm as a result, a medical malpractice case could very well be successful against the treating physician(s) as well as the hospital. Getting records is easy... getting un-redacted (I'm being nice here using that word) records when such an obvious error occurs is sometimes not so easy... but it's a not so easy problem the experienced medical malpractice attorney can't handle it... we've seen it and know what to do.

Anyone who even thinks he or she has a medical malpractice case should immediately consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most of us offer free consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician Fransen & Molinaro, LLP 4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306 Corona, CA 92833 (951)520-9684 / "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy. ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of defective drug and medical device litigation (Actos, Accutane, Actonel, Antidepressants, Avandia, Bextra, Byetta, DePuy Hip Implant, Digitek, Ephedra, Fosamax, Gadolinium, GranuFlo, Guidant Implantable Defibrillators, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), Ketek, Kugel Mesh Patch, Lipitor, Mesothelioma, Nuvaring, Ortho Evra, Paxil, Pradaxa, Prempro, Prisma Dialysis Recall, Reglan, ReNu with MoistureLoc, Smith and Nephew Hip Replacement, Stryker Hip Replacement, Tequin, Topamax, Transvaginal Mesh, Trasylol, Vioxx, Yaz, Zelnorm, Zimmer Durom, Zyprexa, and More), medical malpractice, personal injury, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California. *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.


Definitely a potential claim. Act quickly in consulting with an experienced medical malpractice attorney.


It sounds like you need a malpractice attorney. Usually there's a 1-year statute of limitations so don't delay in seeking an opinion.


Get a good malpractice lawyer to handle it

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer