Skip to main content

Past due LLC Return of Income (Form 568)

Monterey Park, CA |

File a dissolution of my LLC many years ago on 2007 with an accountant, just realized that the status of the corporation remain "PENDING CANCEL".

Today received an letter saying that I owed them tax return for 2008 by surprise, all docs. have been threw away. Should I just ignore it? I have a few partners and one moved out of the country, one past away last year.

What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Contact the California Secretary of State to verify that the LLC was actually dissolved and the date thereof. You can do this online. Then contact the FTB Executive Liaison Office at 800-883-5910 to discuss the tax return for 2008 if you determine that the LLC was dissolved properly on the date that you meant to dissolve it.


Consult with a CPA


I agree with my colleague. Consult with a CPA.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer