Partner rights for same-sex marriage

Nashville, TN |

Hi . I'm in the US with a student - visa and in a same - sex relationship . My partner and I wish to get married in one of the states were it is legal to do so . She is a fellow non - US person , and she has a 10 year tourist visa to the US . We were thinking about the possibility of her staying with me for a semester while I attend grad school . Is there any way in which we could legally change her status to a partner visa ( 2 ) so that she would have no issue staying on the US with a tourist visa for so long ? Thanks !

There is no such thing as a, "partner," visa and same sex relationships are not recognised as immediate relatives.

I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com