Skip to main content

Part of my boyfriends probation is NO CONTACT with me. Is there any way to get that dropped, Its a two year probation.

Grand Prairie, TX |
Attorney answers 4


The conditions of probation can be modified. Your boyfriend would need to hire an attorney who handles cases in Dallas County.


The court can modify the probation, but you better have a really good reason. It's highly unlikely to happen unless you hire a really good attorney who can make a great argument to the court and probation department for you.

The information provided here is for general information only and this does not constitute legal advice. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to determine your specific legal options and decisions. Do not only rely on answers here - speak to an attorney. If you choose to contact me or my office through this website, please do not provide any confidential information in your email communication. We do not have a confidential attorney-client relationship with you until after you hire us; and, we might already represent your spouse. Don't give any confidential information until after we have checked for any conflicts of interest. Thank you!


Yes. It can be done.

Bryan L. Walter
Attorney at Law
1001 W. Northwest Hwy., Ste. G
Grapevine, TX 76051
(817) 263-LAWS (5297)

Please designate a best answer to your question, and mark as helpful any answer you find helpful. Help support the time spent by attorneys in this forum. Thank you. This is not legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. NO attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, and none of this is confidential.


The remedy is called a MOTION TO MODIFY THE CONDITIONS OF PROBATION. An attorney will need to file that motion with the court that he is on probation out of and ask the Judge to change the rules. this process usually requires a short hearing. I would be more than glad to talk to him about this matter.