Skip to main content

Part 6: Information about your residence & employment.

Irving, TX |

Hi all,

I've lived in the US as a LPR for 10 yrs, 5 in NY, now 5 in TX. I don't know if i have to fill the whole 10 yrs in the application n-400.

Please, advice.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Provide the info; it's not difficult. They want to definitely ascertain that you've lived the last 90 days in the jurisdiction of the office where you'll be interviewed.



Reza Athari
Attorney at Law
Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Telephone: (702) 727-7777
Fax: (702) 458-8508
Toll free: (800) 565-2030

Barstow, California
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
Barstow, CA 92311
Telephone: (760) 957-7220
Fax: (760) 957-7396

St. George, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
St. George, UT 84770
Telephone: (435) 656-1136
Fax: (435) 656-1145

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

525 W 5300 S Suite 150
Murray, UT 84123
Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
Fax: (801) 281-9603
If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at


I agree with my colleague. You have to provide information asked the form.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.



Thank you for posting your question.

The N-400 actually only asks for the last five years (not 10 years) of your residential and employment history. These factors aid in determining whether you satisfy the continuous residence/physical presence requirement.

However, under the travel section of the N-400, you do have to list all trips you have taken outside the U.S. for more than 24 hours since you became an Lawful Permanent Resident.

For an overview of the naturalization process, please feel free to visit my website at:

Good luck!

Thank you,
Nisha V. Fontaine, Esq.
Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP

Ph: 716-854-7525
Firm's Website:
My Website:
Border Website:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer