Skip to main content

Parenting rights completely stripped away with no reason or cause, How can this happen?

Seattle, WA |

I'm the victim of Domestic violence, there was a biased GAL on my case that dismissed all allegations of Domestic Violence (police reports, medical records, ect.), I had 3 mental evaluations including showing the courts I have done as they asked. I have never done drugs, don't drink, don't smoke I only got a speeding ticket on my record. My son's father has numerous DUI's under his belt, got away with assaulting me and now because the GAL took all hearsay into account and decided the 3 mental evaluations were not good enough the Judge stripped me of all my parental rights including putting a restraining order against me so I can not see my 12 month old son for 5 years. I have to pay for my ex-boyfriends attorney's fees which is $30,000, I am unemployed and couldn't afford me an attorney,

My ex-boyfriend has also threatened to blow my brains out, in addition to that he has been investigated by CPS, the latest one was in August, that case was closed because the GAL told them I contacted them. I never contacted CPS, and I have never been under investigation. Please anyone help give me direction to save my baby from having to be in an abusive mans care that doesn't want him.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

It can't.

Something is missing in your story. Sit down with someone at the University of Washington Law Schools legal clinic to discuss the possibilities here.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.



Thank you. Yes, it appears there is something missing in the story that is the sad reality of all of this. I have hard core evidence and the father had hearsay evidence. He has money and I have none. Every time my evidence was submitted to the courts my son's fathers attorney struck it to ensure that it was removed, the judge told me my evidence will not be heard because the opposing counsel struck it from the venue. I will go to the University of Washington Law School and try and get direction. Thank you for your suggestions.


Despite a long "question" full of strongly-worded accusations, there is much missing. Courts do not order conclusions this drastic without making extensive findings of fact based on the evidence. For the precise assessment of your situation, retain local experienced family counsel to review the court's orders and explain them to you.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.


There is obviously things missing here. There is no way that an attorney online can help you and give you the answers you need. Hire an attorney. This is the only chance you have.