Skip to main content

Outcome of Aggravated Robbery?

San Antonio, TX |

My ex boyfriend is charged twice for aggravated robbery and impersonating a police officer. Apparently he has a history of doing this but finally got caught back in December of last year. He was on full house arrest and is still on house arrest but has to be home by a certain time.Charges have not been dropped and this case has been going on for 4-5 months. The outcome of this.....Will he be going to prison or jail?His next hearing is this month on the 22nd.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Without knowing the facts of his case, and a little bit about his history, it's really hard to answer that question. It is important, also, that you do not post any factual information about his case on this site or any other public forum. That being said, if he does not already have an attorney, he needs one immediately. An attorney, who has been hired and is familiar with him and his case is the only one that can answer your question. The charges that he is facing are very serious. Many experienced attorneys in your area, like myself, offer free consultations.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones


As Todd says, its a very serious situation. Hopefully your friend has a reputable criminal defense lawyer.


Jail is not a concern on a felony but prison certainly is. Especially two agg robs. DAs usually only offer pen time on agg robs. It may take awhile for his defense attorney to talk the DA into probation--or he may have to set his cases for trial. This could end up taking a year or more. His attorney is in the best position to advise him of likely outcomes based on the facts of his cases and his criminal history.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


The answers to those questions are best answered by the accused's attorney who has the discovery for reference.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. If no attorney is on the case, seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer