Skip to main content

Out of state process service. Does a process server when serving somone out of state have to have the form notorized?

Everett, WA |

The form that was in the packet of papers I got from the clerks office has no place on it to have it notorized so the server didn't. Does this need to be redone and notorized?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Below you will find the rule, CR 5. The form should be correct and a notary not required. File the form returned to you by the server with the court. If there is a problem, they will let you know, but you should be fine.

Best of luck.

Legal disclaimer: The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

Avvo divorce email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer