Other ways of getting a persons auto insurance information?

Bay City, MI |

The police report I was given does not show any important information that I need, I am not allowed to contact the other person involved in the accident either. My attorney for the last two months have been trying to get this information but hasn't had much luck, what can I do to obtain this info needed to allow my case to continue and not be stalled.

I do not have auto insurance because I do not own a vehicle.

What type of case?

Pedestrian Accident, I was the victim.

I am also uninsured, no vehicle so no insurance needed.

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

Just sue the driver you will not need the insurance info to sue.

I think that's what my attorney plans to do if we can not get any info, not sure but also what would I do since I lost my job a month before the accident and been without work for over 2 months now. Bills are piling up and Ive use all my other financial help options. I asked my attorney the same question and told there really isnt much.

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

Not much you can do but to file a suit. I would file it ASAP and not wait for the name of the insurance company.

Ask your lawyer how you can be helpful.

We can be reached at 215-545-2201. Our firm has lawyers licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and in the Federal Courts of those states. The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

First, talk to your own lawyer. Second, talk to your own insurance company. You may have to file a John Doe or "phantom" uninsured motorist claim down the road.

General advice based on limited facts. No attorney-client relationship created.

I have talked to my attorney and I have no auto insurance (no vehicle)

Your attorney and your insurance company should be able to get it for you.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

I do not have insurance.

Tell him to search it on Lexis public records