Skip to main content

Order of protection and my child visitations

Chicago, IL |

the mother of my child got a Order of protection the same day i put a motion for change from sole custody to join custody, the Order of protection is in bad faith, how i can talk to the judge and explain this? also is not illegal if was an agreement by court? how this can affect me on my future visitations?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need a lawyer. The OP should be consolidated into the custody case , provided they are in the same county, and even possibly if they are not. You are in over your head, however. Hire a good lawyer.



what the consolidation will be do?? remove the OP against me? and i will be have access to my son?

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein


Please hire a lawyer. This is not the place to discus sour case in detail.


Hire a lawyer -- we're talking about your KID,here. Don't try to wing it on your own.

How can you talk to the judge? Show up at your hearing -- the judge will be there and you'll have a chance to talk. Be sure to hire a lawyer, first.

I can't understand the rest of your question.

Need more help? Call for a free consult: 312-987-9999


you dont get to just talk to the judge. you should get a lawyer. do a response to the petition for op. do a motion to consolidate the op and your custody motion. do a notice for a quick hearing on the op. do a motion to excuse mediation. do a motion to reinstate your parenting time. do a motion to appoint a gal or child representative.

get a lawyer. you cannot do this alone. we cannot do your job. you cannot do ours.


This is complex; you need an attorney.

Does this answer your question?

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

420 Common Street, Ste 101

Lawrence, MA 01840

(978) 685-2690

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer