Skip to main content

Open Container, Using Cell, No DL , NO INS ... on probation in henderson for DUI. Can you help with out getting jail time

Las Vegas, NV |
Attorney answers 2


You most likely have a "stay out of trouble" order while the DUI case is open. Therefore, further arrests or criminal charges (meaning, anything higher than a traffic ticket) can trigger revocation of your probation and the Judge could make you serve your suspended sentence of 90 or possibly 180 days. In small offenses like these, jail time can be avoided through artful negotiation and argument.


You should be able to negotiate the open container (the most serious of charges) violation depending on the facts which should not trigger the suspended sentence as long as you make sure that all other requirements for the DUI case have been completed.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.