Skip to main content

One signature divorce in Texas

Wichita Falls, TX |

I have filed on my own online so it would be cheaper than getting a lawyer, and now my husband is refusing to sign because he says he does not want to divorce me. This divorce needs to happen asap. Can I file somewhere or somehow that it will only need my signature since he is refusing??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to have the divorce papers served to him by a process server. Once he receives service, if he does not file an answer to the court within a designated time, you can get what is called a default judgment. This means you can get a divorce without his appearance. Still, you might want to consider hiring a divorce attorney to ensure that all the necessities are taken care of.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer