Skip to main content

One Fix It Ticket, One Traffic Ticket and now a Bench Warrant. What is the right thing to do in this matter?

Santa Clara, CA |

I got a Fix IT ticket for my tinted car on March 22nd. The Fix IT was to be completed by May 24th 2013. I had a police office validate that I had completed as per the instruction of the fixit ticket but did not present that to the court.

I got a Traffic Ticket on 4th April. This ticket was for reckless driving and also had a notification related nitrox. I was to report to Court on May 28th 2013.

I mixed the two tickets and now I have missed my court dates. Since I missed the court date, a bench warrant was issued with bail amount of $2000. What is my best course of action?

1. Go to Court and present myself to the Judge. Pay the Bail Amount and any fees.
2. Hire a Lawyer to represent me to help out in this matter.

Appreciate your guidance in this matter.

-- Jay

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Hire a lawyer to fight this. Show your excuse for not being able to show up in May. Money is not nearly as important as putting the state to the test, nor of establishing your innocence.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.


Get an attorney to handle both tickets. The bench warrant for the fix it ticket is actually a misdemeanor. The reckless driving is a misdemeanor , now with an arrest warrant. You cannot, and should not try to this yourself. You potentially face jail and 2 points on your DMV record. The misdemeanor can have long time effects. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


Your best option is definitely to hire an attorney. Sometimes it may not make financial sense to hire an attorney for a less significant traffic matter if you simply want to do traffic school or get a fine reduction on a straightforward non-point ticket. However in your case you have a warrant with bail and significant fines. Hire an attorney to have the cases dealt with at once. Good luck


best to get an attorney to handle it for you.