Skip to main content

Once my daughter is born what can I do to adopt her

San Benito, TX |

Me and my wife are married in Mexico I'm a women so I know I can't fix her papers but what about my daughter can I adopt her and give her citizenship what do I do and how much will it cost to do so she till not born my wife is willing to sing her over to me

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Adoption
Attorney answers 1


If you are a US citizen and if you are genetically related to the child - have the same DNA, then you can go to the US embassy and file Consular Report for Birth Abroad.
If you are married to the child's mother and are a US citizen, you can file a family petition - one for your wife and a second for her child as the step parent.
I am sorry I cannot provide more guidance, but your question is confusing - I don't know who you are in this situation.

I strongly recommend that you seek the advice of an immigration attorney in Texas. Do not throw your money away by going to a notario.

Best of luck



I'm the U.S citizen and I'm a women I'm married to a women and we did in vitro in Mexico she pregnant