Skip to main content

Once my boyfriend comes to meet the family and i want to go back with my boyfriend

Orlando, FL |

and move to another city since i am of age and very competent ,and know what makes me happy does my father have any legal rights as to forcing me to stay when i want to leave.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

If you are 18 years of age, then you have the legal authority to make your own choices, and your Father cannot force you to stay.


If you are over 18 your father has no legal authority to prevent you from leaving. He might have some moral authority and some wisdom to impart, but you have the legal right to make your own mistakes.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer