Skip to main content

On the new employee's social security card it says valid for work with DHS authorization okay to employ?

Torrance, CA |

She has a green card, with 04/2014 expiration (she married US citizen)
Can we employ her as a part time worker?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I do not see any problems. The green card allows her to work legally.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.


Yes, you can employ her as her green card is employment authorization.


Yes, absolutely. Since she is a green card holder there are no restrictions on her employment whatsoever. That inscription on her SSA card is a remnant of the days before she obtained her green card and should be ignored.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer