Skip to main content

ON the form I-130 Question number 16 It asks if you had any immigration proceedings or trouble. Is that US only?

Temecula, CA |

say for example you are filing for your wife abroad and she has been deported in Denmark . . but now you are filing for a cry to go to the USA . the question 16 thats only for USA right ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


That question is concerned only with the US.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



So.. if she got deported in Annother country like denmark.. YOu answer "NO" correct? EVen if it shows in her passport that she cannot go back to denmark for 2 years. because she overstayed her visa in denmark.. She never been to the usa.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar


Correct. The answer is still "no".


Question 16 only refers to U.S. removal proceedings.


Yes, only the U.S. But the I-485 or the immigrant visa form relating to criminal issues applies to all countries.


Only for the US.

(626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.


I agree with my colleagues, this question relates only to US immigration proceedings.

Any and all responses to this and any other questions are intended for basic informational purposes only and are not legal advice.


Yes, the answer to that question on I-130 only pertains to United States immigration proceedings.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer