Skip to main content

On Probation for a DUI, in the ARD program. Everything is done except Comm Service. What happens if it isn't done in time?

West Chester, PA |

The time period I was given to complete my community service was 3 months, it end 9 days from now (only 6 business day in which organizations are open). I have 33 hours done. If it is not completed on time, what will happen? Is online community service (ones in which you take classes) accepted commonly?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to speak to your PO and determine if you could get an extension, but I would suggest attempting to complete as many as you can in the interim to show good faith.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.


A Chester County attorney would be in the best position to affirmatively answer this one. In the counties I've practiced in you may be able to get your PO or ARD program coordinator to agree to a small extension, especially if you can show that you have other legitimate demands on your time as well.

If your PO isn't that agreeable and wants to terminate your ARD supervision, s/he will have to file a petition and have a judge decide whether you should be removed or given a little extra time. Again, the end result depends on the practices of that particular county.


Your lawyer is going to have to address this problem with the district attorney and hopefully work out an extension.

If you do not have an attorney I would suggest hiring one immediatly | DISCLAIMER: Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 267-265-4553. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 518. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102


ask your PO for an extension. if he wont budge, get your lawyer to file a motion to extend the probation to complete com service.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer