Skip to main content

On jan 1 2009 i was arrested for dui in california i have not been convicted on it i just got of prison in texas and i want it b

Fort Worth, TX |

i went to try to get it back and texas said i have to get in contact with ca i have no warrants out there or texas would have told me they said i just have an issue out there how can i take care of this from texas

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You'll need to hire a DUI attorney who practices in the county in California where the case is filed. That person will be able to advise you whether they can dispose of the case without you making a trip back or whether your presence will be required to do this.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


You need to contact a California attorney. I would recommend you find one through the National College of DUI Defenders.
Austin DWI Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


A DUI attorney in CA should be able to represent you on this, and may be able to get any warrants recalled without you having to come court. However, that is not true in all counties in front of all judges. I practice throughout the State of California. Feel free to get in contact with me for a free consultation to see if I can help. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen