Skip to main content

On form N400 part 10 question #26,27,28? What does my ex husband put?

Tacoma, WA |

When filling for residency we told truth he was here illegally he was told he would need to wait 6 plus minths back in mexico before getting temp residency since he came here illegally does that apply to #26,27?? I had wrote a letter to state and government officials asking for him to b forgiven and sent back home, affter letters he was allowed entry w temp. Residency card. Does that pertain to #28??

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 3


You lost me. The questions call for very simple answers. Was he removed or not. Based on your all-over-the-place description, it seems that the answers will probably be "no" to all three. Now, I may be wrong, because I do not know the facts so you would be advised to seek a consultation with an immigration attorney in person and come there with all the paperwork associated with your waiver application on his behalf which eventually paved the way, it seems for his legal immigration to the USA. During that consultation you will be given a more definitive answer.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



??Based on my all over the place description?? Wow -ok I thought I wrote it clear. My husband at the time came into the Usa illegally he was told he would have to return to mexico while his application for residency was being processed. And that it would take at least 6 months to process. Is that considered Exclusion?? The question askes if ever Removed, Excluded, or Departed.


I found your question to be somewhat unclear. However, I understood that you husband was here illegally and may have been allowed to receive a temporary green card despite that. Given he has a history of immigration issues you should consult with an attorney in person to make sure you are filling everything in correctly. Personally, I think it is best to have an attorney prepare the N400 if you can afford the expense. You should be able to find an attorney who will do this for a reasonable fee.


Read the instructions carefully, and make sure you are stating the truth. If your husband has never been removed then the answers are NO.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog: