Skip to main content

On form I-821D for place of entry, I entered without inspection, do I have to write down something even if I wrote the date?

Los Angeles, CA |

I was 1 year old but could already talk so I was given sleeping medicine in case the car I was in was stopped. I would give them away if I wasn't sleeping (was what I was told now) and I know the date but I wasn't sure if I had to write down a place? I think they went through san diego, I went in without inspection meaning they didn't know I was there. So I have been having trouble with this question. USCIS doesn't help, I called and they cut me off rudely. I can't afford a lawyer since many are charging from 500-1000 so seeing as I only have enough for the application fees, I had to ask here :) thank you for your help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The correct answer probably is 'unknown'.

$500 is a very fair amount to pay for protection from doing something foolish .. remember, they CAN ARREST YOU if they deny your application.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.



I know its a fair amount but I have no way of making money to pay a lawyer and the application.



And thank you so much for your help!

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


Some of us take payments ... don't be too quick to make a potentially big mistake. Remember this is a 'discretionary' program ... you will be fingerprinted & photographed by the police.


My colleague is correct.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


In other words, you don't actually KNOW your place of entry. Seems to me that the answer is unknown.

The larger issue here is whether you should get help with the paperwork. I understand the problem of shelling out money -- especially if you don't have much. I also understand how it feels when all the attorneys just say, "come and see one of us." However, you are talking about your future in America here. You are talking about your work permit here. If you get your work permit, you'll be able to accept employment.

At the very least, try to find a nonprofit organization with competent people.

I must remind you that although I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney. The information I am providing you is general information about the law. If you would like specific information or advice, I am going to suggest that you make an appointment to come in, or call, to chat with us.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer