Skip to main content

On form I-485 Part 2-a, should there be an attachment? I am a bank reviewing the docs for an immigrant that married a US citizen

Miami, FL |

(Czech Rep immigrant)
Part 2- a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved. (Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Banks are not allowed to practice immigration law.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


No, there is no need for any "attachment" there. just check that box and move on.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you are not signing the G-28, you may be violating the law by providing legal advise without a license. You are also creating a record of this violation of the law by writing about it online. I suggest you tell your client to hire an immigration lawyer as soon as possible. If you area lawyer and you need to resort to this forum to get your questions answered you are also likely providing ineffective assistance of counsel. One way to know whether you are providing ineffective assistance of counsel is to ask yourself whether you have access to Kurzban. If you do not have access to Kurzban you very likely do not know what you are doing.

Best regards,

(513) 549-4420

Representing clients throughout the US and around the world: (513) 549-4420. We cannot provide legal advice or recommendations unless you retain our law firm to represent you. No attorney/client relationship will begin until you sign a representation agreement and make a retainer payment to open a case with us. Any information found here is general in nature and should not be relied upon in individual cases.


Haven't banks screwed up our economy enough that now they have to screw up immigration applications? In addition, if you are giving legal advice, and it's difficult to imagine you're not, then you could be practicing law without a license.


Is this in connection with the opening of a bank account? I don't understand what it is that you are trying to do.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only. We are a full-service immigration and criminal defense law firm, representing clients in all 50 states and worldwide. Kristy Figueroa-Contreras, Esq.,, NEGRI, TORRES & FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS, PA, The Minorca, Suite 214, 2030 South Douglas Road, Miami, FL 33134, Tel. (305) 639-8599. Hablamos español. Falamos português.


UPL is a crime and can result in civil and or criminal penality. It would be prudent to have the person contact an attorney ot BIA approved agent for assistance.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Why are you reviewing the documents in the first place? From a legal point of view, my colleagues have already warned you about unlicensed practiced of law. From a practical point of view, the fact that you ask this questions shows that even if you mean well, you are not qualified to help these people. If you truly want to help these immigrants, help them find an immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer