On a 4 yr tdc sentence how long does one do in there?

San Antonio, TX |

Assuming its a sentence for one crime and not a consecutive sentence for multiple crimes many results are possible. Assuming he is eligible for shock probation and it is granted, he may spend less than 6 months. If shock probation is not an option and it is not a 3(g) offense (usually more serious crimes), then he must serve 1 year before becoming eligible for parole. If it is an aggravated/3G offense, then 2 years most be served before becoming eligible for parole. Remember, this refers to parole eligibility, parole is not mandatory.

No criminal hist 1st time offence it's a 2 nd degree felony burg habit

On a four year prison sentence a person will likely do about a year before making parole. It depends on what they were sentenced for and how bad their criminal history looks. Parole eligibility does not guarantee someone will make parole.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Parole Revocations
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

No one can tell you for sure. He will be eligible for parole in a few and may be granted it then or never.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.