Okay so i was just informed that my babys dad was offered probation let me remind you he was being charged with stat rape.

Bulverde, TX |

does that mean he wont hafe to register as a sex offender and also is it a good thing if there leting him sit in jail and complet probation untill he has a place to go??

Getting probation does not mean he does not have to register as a sex offender. That is a separate issue. Once someone receives probation, they do not sit in jail unless they receive jail time as a condition of probation.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

Most likely he will have to register as a sex offender. Typically, probation means conviction and conviction means registration. Look at his terms of probation. If he has a registration requirement it should be referenced there. Good Luck.

Probation or deferred adjudication for a sex offense typically still cause a registration requirement.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

He will most likely be required to register as a sex offender. Unless jail time was made a condition of probation, he should not be in jail, that is, unless he is being held on other charges.