Skip to main content

Okay I just heard my brother got arested for having a zip gun and ammo in his room he is a felon how much time is he looking at

Hesperia, CA |

it was in HESPERIA he just got off parole.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Given your brother's status as a felon, he could be looking at north of 8-10 years for the additional charges, without considering any potential violation of probation he may have been on. You need to contact a local attorney in order to gain a more specific estimation. They would be able to go to the arraignment and hear the specific charges and see the discovery and your brother's specific status. Good luck.



Thank you! Another question is how can I go about getting him help no one in the family has money and I really do not want the state to make him be the example I know that the PD will not do anything for him.

Gilberto Benito Vega

Gilberto Benito Vega


You have an unfortunate situation. Without money you will have to go with a public defender. This is not the end of the world. PDs are very competent attorneys and took the same bar as any private attorney. The only disadvantage is that they are massively overworked. Good luck.


a lot

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!


Talk to counsel locally,but 7-10 is possible.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer