Skip to main content

Ok i am a u.s citizen living in the U.S i started to file for my wife for the form 1-130 ok i need to keep contact

Dearborn, MI |

who do i keep contact with the people that have my papers can you give me a there email address please i want to keep sending them email so i can ask them questions regarding my papers

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service is a HUGE government agency with tens of thousands of current applicants like you. You will not be able to simply email them to ask questions about your papers. You can find information on their webstie at Or you can call their customer service line at 1-800-375-5283. When you file the I-130 you will get a receipt number and will be able to enter that number on the uscis website to find out about the status. If your wife is in the U.S. you may be able to file the I-130 and I-485(adjustment of status) at the same time. You may want to speak with a lawyer to make sure you are doing things correctly.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
206 724 1940


You have information on the receipt with the number to call.

Retain an immigration lawyer as you seem to be having difficulties.



I agree with the above answers.

For additional information about the USCIS (my former employer back when it was called the INS) and how to contact the agency, please see