Skip to main content

OK sibling's plaintiff's lawyer to tell defendants in writing case is based on revenge, to suffer and not about loan?

Chicago, IL |

They refuse to remove their judgement even though no assets exist and in bankruptcy. I work for minimum wage with no hope for return to original career due to economy change and age.They want me and wife to suffer because I can't pay back a loan from my late Mom's trust that only I took when had
fiduciary power. I did not think the economy and my age would effect getting a job to pay back? In mediation they were handed keys to condos but refused as it would have covered my personal loan. My wife had no knowledge of loan or how bills were paid as I was abusing booze and cheating on her and lied. She never should have been included as her inheritance from her Mom's death, paid legal fees.Garnishment of wages will force us on welfare which is not wanted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Although it appears you have a nasty situation, your comments are confusing and you have not asked a question.


Since you have not asked a question, it is difficult to know what you are asking. Are you saying the judgment was discharged in bankruptcy? If so, you would not need to be making payments. Give your bankruptcy attorney a call to help you clarify this.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.


I do not know what your question is. However, keep in mind that you seem to have given rise to this problem when you helped yourself to your siblings' money.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer