Skip to main content

Ok, I was in an accident and flown to the hospital. Now, four months later the cop wants me to come pick up a misdemeanor dwi

Oneonta, NY |
Attorney answers 4


Retain counsel and surrender on the warrant.


You should definitely pick up the misdemeanor warrant, but prior to that you should obtain an attorney familiar with DWI cases. Do not make any statements to the police about the accident or anything without your attorney present.


Hire a lcal criminal defense lawyer before you do anything else.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


He should just mail it to you. There are a lot of issues here, but generally, they may bring charges within that time period. Howeve, identification may be an issue, preservation of evidence may be an issue, etc. So, go see an attorney who deals in this area.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer