Skip to main content

Ohio restitution, NY resident with inheritance question

Albany, NY |

I have a payment plan in place with OH for restitution that I completed my full prison sentence on with no probation or parole. I moved to NY upon my release. I have continued to make my payments to OH clerk. My dad recently passed and I am a 50% beneficary for his 401K. Can Ohio put a lien on this inheritance toward my restitution?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Contact an attorney in Ohio.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or