Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

OHIO...How can i junk a car that i have as collateral with one of those title loan places?

I have a title loan with a company who holds your title. Before the loan was due, i wrecked the car. I did not have full coverage insurance on the vehicle. It is "totalled". I informed the loan company of this and asked them to come get the car. They said they didnt want it. Management wants it out of the parking lot. I suggested to the loan company that they meet me and the junkyard in the parking lot where we each sign the title so the salvage yard could take it. They would pay me $150 which i would hand over to the lender. They will not do that either. I asked the loan company to come and pick up their collateral, they said they didnt want it. Am i wrong to assume that the car is theirs since my hands are tied as to anything i can do about it and they wont let me junk it?

| 2 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content