Skip to main content

Officer fired for untruthfulness but I already took a plea deal

Haines City, FL |

I already took a plea deal in a DUI case. But I have said from the beginning that it was an illegal stop. There were other facts in the case that were lies that can be proven. But I couldn't afford an attorney at the time and took a plea deal. Now the officer was fired for untruthfulness. Is there anything I can do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Depending on the dates ( your arrest, your plea/sentencing, date officer was discharged, etc.) you MAY have a ground to revisit your plea. This is a difficult undertaking to get a judge to allow you to withdraw your plea. Time is not your friend. Act immediately in seeing an attorney to review the file.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


How long ago was your plea? How much of the case was that officer's testimony? Hire a good lawyer and see what he can do with it.



I was arrested in June and took a plea in September and the officer was fired within the last week. I took a plea offer straight from the beginning


I agree with my knowledgeable colleagues and wish to add one thing. Having a legitimate chance to accomplish something favorable WILL require the assistance of counsel. Hopefully your financial situation has improved; handling it yourself strikes me as a waste of time.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer